Buckinghamshire Health Charity Launches Free Online Tips and Tools to Improve People’s Health and Well-Being
A woman using a treadmill at the gym. Image: Tim Goode / PA Wire
Submitted by Nuffield Health
In response to the latest data, Nuffield Health, the UK’s leading health charity, has developed a free online hub for anyone looking to improve any aspect of their health and well-being.
For many people, fitness and wellness has been low on the priority list this year, which is understandable given the many challenges we have faced. But now, there’s no better time with the approaching summer months to get out there and focus on your health and wellness.
Nuffield Health’s new free hub is available to everyone, whether or not you are a member of Nuffield Health in Buckinghamshire, and includes a range of free guides and tools on how to start setting and meeting your wellness goals. -be – whether they are fitness, nutrition or mental health, including:
The importance of setting goals
Goal setting is a key part of realizing your wellness journey – having something to work on helps on days when you lack energy and motivation. However, making sure you set achievable goals for yourself is crucial to your success.
The best fitness tips
When it comes to fitness, it’s important to set realistic goals. If you don’t, your motivation may decrease because you may not see yourself progressing as quickly as you would have hoped, and you could even injure yourself.
- Break the goals down into bite-sized pieces.
- Be kind to yourself, you may have days when you just don’t want to exercise, and that’s great.
- Just make sure you stay on track and reward yourself with something when you reach those important goals.
A key way to maintain good mental health is to live life in a way that gives a sense of pleasure, accomplishment, and a sense of being close to others.
- Identifying your priorities and what makes you happy is the first step.
- Once you have them, it’s time to assess your life balance and align your daily activities with the parts of your life that you feel are most important.
- These changes are longer term and more lasting than your usual goals, but they also bring happiness and joy.
- When creating a nutritional goal, it’s best to start with one change at a time.
- Make a plan and keep it simple. Trying to do too much at once can become stressful, which can make you less likely to stick to your plan.
- If you make one change at a time, everyone will be part of your routine, and adding new, healthier changes will seem easier.
- Preparation will also help – create a shopping list and meal plan for the week to keep you on track.
Find out more information on how to set your health and wellness goals from the experts at Nuffield Health here.