Health Calendar – August 17 | Health
Goat Yoga – 6:20 p.m. and August 27, Goat Yoga at the Farm, 10209 Fountain School Road, Union Bridge. $ 25 per person, per course. All ages are welcome. chèvrepourl’âme.com or 240-405-2208.
Goat Yoga – 9:30 a.m. on August 21, at Catoctin Breeze Vineyard, 15010 Roddy Road, Thurmont. $ 40 per person, includes a wine tasting for ages 21 and over. Course open to all ages. Register on Goatforthesoul.com or 240-405-2208.
Yoga in the vineyards – 11 a.m. August 22, Loew Vineyards, 14001 Liberty Road, Mount Airy. $ 20 per session. loewvineyards.net/events.
Healthcare provider: RCR Basic Life Support – 9 a.m. August 28, November 6, FCC-Monroe Center, 200 Monroe Ave., Frederick. Pre-register. $ 85. frederick.edu/cpr.
Back-to-school vaccination for residents of Frederick County – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. August 17; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. August 18; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. August 24, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. August 25, September 1 and 8, Frederick County Health Department, 350 Montevue Lane, Frederick. By appointment only. For appointments or more information, call 301-600-3112, TTY 800-735-2258.
HIV testing – 9 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays and Fridays, by appointment only, welcome without appointment. Frederick County Health Department, 350 Montevue Lane, Frederick. Fast, confidential. 301-600-3342 to make an appointment.
COVID-19 Community Walk-In Clinics – Open to the public. Tests outside. Face coverings and social distancing mandatory. No documentation, insurance or doctor’s note required. Results in one to three days. Free. health.frederickcountymd.gov.
– 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. daily, Frederick Health Hospital Village, Frederick Health Way, Frederick
– 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Frederick Towne Mall parking lot near Mr. Tire, West Patrick Street, Frederick
– 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. daily, Rockledge Plaza, 1100 W. Patrick St., Unit H (above Masters Pharmacy), Frederick.
– 5 p.m. to 7:20 p.m., August 27, municipal building parking lot, 615 rue Main E., Thurmont
– 5 p.m. to 7:19 p.m., August 26, Railroad Square, South Maple Avenue, Brunswick
– 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. August 17, Family Partnership, 8420 Gas House Pike, Suite EE, Frederick
– Noon to 2 p.m. August 28, Asbury UMC parking lot, 101 W. All Saints St., Frederick
– noon to 2 p.m., August 24, Seton Center, 226 Lincoln Ave., Emmitsburg
Frederick County COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics – Visit frederickcountymd.gov/covidvaccine for locations or to make an appointment. 301-600-7900 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday; 301-600-7905 for Spanish.
Call 800-733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org/make-donation to schedule appointments or to verify that the blood drive will take place. Call the Frederick American Red Cross Blood Donation Center, 141 Thomas Johnson Drive, to make an appointment for donations of blood, double red blood cells, and apheresis. Schedule subject to change.
August 18 – 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Church of Jesus Christ LDS, 1811 Latham Drive, Frederick
20 August – noon to 5 p.m., Union Bridge Church of the Brethren, 124 S. Main St., Union Bridge
25 august – noon to 6 p.m., Bush Creek Church of the Brethren, 4821A Green Valley Road, Monrovia.
Meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous – No contributions or fees. For times and locations, call 301-662-0544.
In order for your nonprofit health and fitness events to count in the Health & Fitness calendar, they must be submitted to the online calendar at fredericknewspost.com/calendar. Items to be published must be received at least 10 days before publication.