Health Calendar – Sep 28 | Health
COURSES / SEMINARS Goat Yoga – 6 p.m. October 1, Goat Yoga at the Farm, 10209 Fountain School Road, Union Bridge. $ 25 per person, per course. All ages are welcome. chèvrepourl’âme.com or 240-405-2208.
Goat Yoga – 9:30 a.m. on October 2, at Catoctin Breeze Vineyard, 15010 Roddy Road, Thurmont. $ 40 per person, includes a wine tasting for ages 21 and over. Course open to all ages. Register on Goatforthesoul.com or 240-405-2208.
Lay Heartsaver CPR / AED and First Aid – 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. October 2, Frederick Community College – Monroe Center, 200 Monroe Ave., Frederick. Learn the skills to respond to and manage an emergency until emergency medical services arrive. Pre-register. $ 85. frederick.edu/CPR.
Yoga in the vineyards – 11 a.m. on October 3, Loew Vineyards, 14001 Liberty Road, Mount Airy. $ 20 per session. loewvineyards.net/events.
Goat Yoga – 10 a.m. on October 3, at Rocky Point Creamery, 4323A Tuscarora Road, Tuscarora. $ 30 per person. All ages. Ice included. Register on Goatforthesoul.com or 240-405-2208.
Kyle’s Crusaders 7th Annual Walk to End Childhood Cancer – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on October 3, Old National Pike District Park, 12406 Old National Pike, Mount Airy. Fueled by their late 16-year-old son’s wish for a cure and the lack of funding for pediatric cancer research nationally, Kyle Addington’s family made it their mission to defeat childhood cancer through the Kyle Crusaders. . To volunteer, register to walk, donate, or be a sponsor, visit kylescrusaders.com. Suggested donation of $ 25 per participant.
HIV testing – 9 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays and Fridays, by appointment only, welcome without appointment. Frederick County Health Department, 350 Montevue Lane, Frederick. Fast, confidential. 301-600-3342 to make an appointment.
COVID-19 Community Walk-In Clinics – Open to the public. Tests outside. Mandatory face covering and social distancing. No documentation, insurance or doctor’s note required. Results in one to three days. To free. health.frederickcountymd.gov:
– 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. daily, Frederick Health Hospital Village, Frederick Health Way, Frederick
– Monday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Frederick Towne Mall parking lot near Mr. Tire, West Patrick Street, Frederick
– Daily 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Rockledge Plaza, 1100 W. Patrick St., Unit H (above Masters Pharmacy), Frederick.
– 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on October 1, municipal building parking lot, 615, rue Main E., Thurmont
– 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. September, October 7, Railroad Square, South Maple Avenue, Brunswick
– 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Oct. 5, 19, Emmitsburg Vigilant Hose Community Center, 17701 Creamery Road, Emmitsburg
– 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., October 7, Rescue Mission, 419 W. South St., Frederick
Frederick County COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics – Visit frederickcountymd.gov/covidvaccine for locations or to make an appointment. 301-600-7900 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday; 301-600-7905 for Spanish:
– 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., September 29, Frederick Community College, Building H, Room H202 / H203 at the Student Center, Frederick
– 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. September 29, Lucas Village, 111 Pennsylvania Ave., Frederick
– 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., September 29, 30, October 1 and 2, 800 Oak St., Frederick
– 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., September 30, Rescue Mission, 419 W. South St., Frederick
– 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. September, Brunswick Railroad Square, Brunswick
– 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., October 1, United Way Day of Action at Harry Grove Stadium, 21 Stadium Drive, Frederick
– 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. October 1 615 E. Main St., Thurmont
– 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. October 2 and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. October 3, Brunswick Railroad Days, 100 S. Maple Ave., Brunswick
Meritus Health COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic Booster Vaccines for FDA Approved Groups – 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, Robinwood Professional Center Atrium, Robinwood Drive, Hagerstown. 65 years and over as well as 2 additional groups. Appointment required, www.meritushealth.com.
Unity in Frederick’s Healing Circle – 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on October 3 and the first Sunday of the month, Yogamour Studio, 1 Worman’s Mill Court, Suite 11, Frederick. Experience a 20-minute Reiki treatment session. Open to everyone. Sorry.
Call 800-733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org/make-donation to schedule appointments or to verify that the blood drive will take place. Call the Frederick American Red Cross Blood Donation Center, 141 Thomas Johnson Drive, to make an appointment for donations of blood, double red blood cells, and apheresis. Schedule subject to change.
September 29 – 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Church of Jesus Christ LDS, 1811 Latham Drive, Frederick
September 29 – noon to 6 p.m., Bush Creek Church of the Brethren, 4821A Green Valley Road, Monrovia
September 30 – from noon to 5 p.m., Liberty Baptist Church, 1200 Madison St., Lisbon
October 2 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Mount Carmel United Methodist Church, 9411 Baltimore Road, Frederick
Meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous – No contributions or fees. For times and locations, call 301-662-0544.
Unity in Frederick’s Healing Circle – 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on October 3, Studio Yogamour. 20-minute Reiki treatment session, open to all. The first Sundays of the month. Love offering gifts accepted. [email protected]
In order for your nonprofit health and fitness events to count in the Health & Fitness calendar, they must be submitted to the online calendar at fredericknewspost.com/calendar. Items to be published must be received at least 10 days before publication.