J&K LG Manoj Sinha launches initiative for women associated with self-help groups
On September 1, 2021, the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Manoj Sinha, launched the rural business acceleration program called “Saath” for women self-help groups.
LG Manoj Sinha, while talking about the initiative and expansion of SHGs in Jammu and Kashmir, said that there are 48,000 SHGs in the region and 4 lakh women are connected to these SHGs.
He added that the government’s goal is to create 11,000 more self-help groups in the coming year. The initiative will transform the lives of women and make them independent and strong in social and financial aspects.
Today launched “SAATH”, a business acceleration program for rural women entrepreneurs from J&K. In addition to making business ecologies thrive in rural areas, SAATH under @MDJKSRLM support existing businesses through skills, mentorship and market linkages. pic.twitter.com/VdVSnB89Rc
– LG J&K Office (@OfficeOfLGJandK)
September 1, 2021
Saath initiative for women self-help groups: objective
• The Saath initiative will focus on mentoring and marketing products created by women associated with self-help groups. It aims to transform the lives of women associated with self-help groups.
• The initiative will accelerate the livelihoods of rural women who are associated with self-help groups and who perform odd jobs. As there is not much profit in their work and there is a lack of knowledge about packaging, marketing and branding, the initiative will teach women such skills and transform their businesses. in higher order companies.
What will happen under the Saath initiative?
• Initially, workshops will be organized for 5,000 women, of which 500 women will be selected for intensive training and another 100 will be selected for mentoring.
• Business models and success stories will be created and serve as role models for rural women. With the knowledge and skills, about 4 lakh women associated with self-help groups will be contacted.
• The training will be provided to women in 10 different sectors under the Saath Initiative, including agriculture, poultry, animal husbandry, loom and crafts among various other sectors in which rural women have worked. .
• With this, women will become job providers and also produce other jobs.
Importance of the Saath initiative
Women from various self-help groups were also invited to participate in the event. A woman named Hamida said the Saath initiative will connect thousands of sisters and allow everyone to think about a better future.
The Saath Initiative provided the opportunity to interact with other women, learn about their thoughts, livelihoods as well as several government programs.