WonderBus Festival will feature Duran Duran, Lorde, Lumineers
For the first time in Columbus’ three-year history, the WonderBus Music & Arts Festival will be a three-day event.
Hosted at CAS, 2540 Olentangy River Road, the festival kicks off at 6 p.m. Friday with Duran Duran headlining at 9:30 p.m., and the concert lineup continues Saturday and Sunday. Lorde will headline the event on Saturday, with what Elevation Group’s Denny Young called “the biggest, most extravagant production we’ve ever had.” Sunday, the Lumineers will close the last day.
In addition to a powerful entertainment lineup, the festival also focuses on fundraising for mental health awareness and research. In fact, Friday was added to the calendar this year as a mental health fundraising day.
As part of the festival’s “I Believe” campaign, a portion of Friday’s proceeds will benefit The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
“We felt stronger and better than ever that we were making a real difference in the community, that we partnered with great organizations, and that music is the great unifier in people,” Young said. “At a music festival, we’re all in this together. Now we de-stigmatize mental health issues. You may have issues, but that doesn’t make you a weird or unusual person, it just what it is. There is help available.”
Music, music and more music are on the agenda for the event. Interested in participating? Here’s who’s happening and when throughout the weekend.
Kenny Chesney gave fans 90 minutes of hits punctuated by a duet with Carly Pearce
What time does the WonderBus door open?
Gates to the festival will open at 6 p.m. Friday, and at noon Saturday and Sunday.
Which artists are on the program?
Many well-known artists will perform. Here is a breakdown of each day.
- Tayls, 7-7:30 p.m., White Claw Stage
- Daisy The Great, 7:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m., Music Elevates Stage
- Canons, 8:30 p.m. to 9:15 p.m., Griffe Blanche Stage
- Duran Duran, 9:30 p.m., Music Elevates Stage
- Day Tvvo, 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Radd stage
- Cousin Simple, 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m., Music Elevates stage
- Hembree, 2 p.m. to 2:40 p.m., Griffe Blanche stage
- Wavrunner, 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Radd stage
- Chloe Lilac, 2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Music Elevates stage
- Argonaut & Wasp, 3h to 3h45, Radd stage
- Les Pierres Bleues, from 3:35 p.m. to 4:20 p.m., Griffe Blanche stage
- 90’s Kids, 4:15 p.m. to 5 p.m., Radd stage
- The Knocks, 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., Music Elevates Stage
- Max, 5:25 p.m. to 6:25 p.m., Griffe Blanche stage
- Daisy The Great, 5:30 p.m. to 6:10 p.m., Radd Stage
- Almost Monday, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., stage Radd
- Cautious Clay, 6:35 p.m. to 7:35 p.m., Music Elevates Stage
- Corner, 7:50-9:05 p.m., White Claw Stage
- Lorde, 9:20 p.m., Music Elevates Stage
- Jack Harris, 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m., Radd Stage
- Phang, 1:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m., Radd Stage
- Noah Chenfeld, 1 to 1:30 p.m., Music Elevates Stage
- The Orphan The Poet, 1:30 p.m. to 2:10 p.m., Griffe Blanche stage
- Rebounder, 2:10 p.m. to 2:55 p.m., Music Elevates Stage
- Detention, 2:15 p.m. to 2:45 p.m., Radd stage
- The Vindys, 3:20 p.m. to 4 p.m., Radd Stage
- Morgxn, from 3 p.m. to 3:45 p.m., Griffe Blanche stage
- Meg Myers, 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m., Music Elevates Stage
- Petite Image, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Radd stage
- Beach Bunny, 4:50-5:50 p.m., White Claw Stage
- Mills, 6-7 p.m., Radd Stage
- James Bay, 6 p.m. to 7:10 p.m., Music Elevates stage
- Local Native Americans, 7:20-8:35 p.m., White Claw Stage
- The Lumineers, 8:45 p.m., Music Elevates stage
More: Kendrick Lamar Concert ReviewKendrick Lamar Captivates Columbus Audiences
How many food vendors will there be?
Young said he has more than 20 vendors for the festival, including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
Is there an entrance to the festival?
Admission: Three-day tickets are $199, plus fees; two-day admission tickets are $159; single-day tickets are $99. Students, military, or first responders can get a day ticket for $50 on the WonderBus website.
For more information on tickets, visit www.wonderbusfest.com.
Where can I park?
If you want guaranteed parking for the weekend or for a specific day, you can purchase parking tickets online at www.wonderbusfest.com for $35 per day.